Perspective of 12

Our second assignment this week was to take 12 photos of the same object, focusing on different parts, using different depths of field, and just making the shots creative and different.

I went Snowboarding at Grand Targhee Resort in Wyoming, and decided my snowboard would be the perfect subject. It was snowing at the time, so I was nervous about getting my camera too wet, but the photos turned out great and my camera is still in perfect condition. A win-win!

All of the photos looked great, and only needed a little bit of Photoshop editing. Since they were all taken in the same light, all I needed to do was use an “unsharp mask” to sharpen the focal points, and brighten the photos a little bit using a “levels” layer.

. . . . . . . . . .

Here are some of my favorites:

Bindings: 02-02-17; 11:00 am; Grand Targhee, Wyoming; FL: 28mm; f/4.0; 1/125; Canon T6

Snowflake: 02-02-17; 11:00 am; Grand Targhee, Wyoming; FL: 55mm; f/5.6; 1/160; Canon T6

Snowboard: 02-02-17; 11:00 am; Grand Targhee, Wyoming; FL: 55mm; f/5.6; 1/320; Canon T6

Binding: 02-02-17; 11:00 am; Grand Targhee, Wyoming; FL: 55mm; f/5.6; 1/160; Canon T6

For our first project this week, we were asked to blend two images together to add texture. This next photo is the one I used for that exercise. Can you figure out where the added texture is? To find out, and to see my editing process,  visit my previous post!

Boots: 02-02-17; 11:00 am; Grand Targhee, Wyoming; FL: 55mm; f/5.6; 1/125; Canon T6

For the final part of this project, we were asked to compile the rest of our twelve images into a collage.

nikkielliott-collage

. . . . . . . . . .

Here are the photos I used in my collage:

nikkielliott-collagephoto1 nikkielliott-collagephoto2 nikkielliott-collagephoto3 nikkielliott-collagephoto4 nikkielliott-collagephoto5 nikkielliott-collagephoto6 nikkielliott-collagephoto7

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Perspective of 12

1. Pingback: Photobook | Nikki Elliott

2. These are great. I like how you can’t quite tell right away what you are looking at. It’s interesting. You also capture the lighting nicely so it’s not terribly blown out either. I like too how you put it in it’s natural environment outside, and where there aren’t a lot of buildings or clutter.

Check out my perspective of 12 here: https://esplinclass1.wordpress.com/2017/02/08/perspective/
    Also check out this great blog post: https://coniglioweb.wordpress.com/2017/02/08/perspective-of-12/

3. Pingback: Adding Texture in Photoshop | Nikki Elliott